The snow is falling, the music is playing and the lists are being made… the holiday season is upon us. The holidays are a time to come together with friends and family to celebrate each other’s company. Whether you are meeting up with old friends or having family in from out of town, we have put together some events throughout the season that will make your holidays one full of nostalgia, warmth and good cheer.
Perfectly built in the heart of downtown between the Fifth Third Building and the Renaissance Hotel, “One SeaSkate” is a synthetic ice rink over One Seagate’s fountain. Whether it is your first time skating or you are a professional sharpening up the old skates, One SeaSkate lets you enjoy Downtown Toledo like never before.
- Public Skating Times:
- Now until the end of February
- Monday through Thursday 5 – 8pm | Friday 5 – 11pm | Saturday 3 – 11pm | Sunday Noon – 5pm | *Special hours for Christmas breaks TBD
- Admission (90 Minute Sessions)
- General Admission $5 | Group Rate (Min 20 Skaters) $4 each | Students/Military $3 | Seniors $2
- Skate Rental $2 | Skate Sharpening $1
This is how Toledoans (of age) celebrate the holidays at one of the biggest winter events of the year, the 5th Annual Winter Brewfest. This outdoor event brings more than 50 breweries from around the country with over 250 craft beers and ciders to satisfy all taste buds. The event, which is during the CCM/ECHL All-Star Weekend, also provides music, food and a souvenir sample cup!
- Saturday January 19th at Fifth Third Field
- VIP – $55 (VIP Designated Driver – $35)
- 20 taste tickets, each good for a 3-ounce beer sample
- Early entry at 4pm with exclusive VIP beer sampling from 4 to 7pm (Use gate at Washington/Huron)
- Delicious all-you-can-eat buffet
- Great live, local music in multiple locations.
- All-Access pass to the VIP spaces, General Admission spaces and on field tasting opportunities.
- General Admission – $35 (General Admission Designated Driver – $25) or $45 the day of the event
- Includes 15 taste tickets, each good for a 3-ounce beer sample
- Gates open at 5pm for general admission ticket holders.
- Access to on field tasting station opportunities
- Food and additional taste tickets will be available for purchase on main concourse
Beer + Yoga + Holidays = just what Santa ordered! Dress festively (Santa hats provided) and unload all the worries and stress that the holidays can bring with an hour of yoga and your choice of one of the delectable Black Cloister brews. Yoga is instructed by Jen Vickers and is done underneath the Victorian arches of the historic brewery.
Now until January 6th, visit the crowd-pleasing Hensville Lights! Take the family, a significant other, or enjoy a night out with friends and visit the lights that line the downtown streets along with the 45 feet tall Christmas tree.
One of the most beloved and popular holiday traditions for locals is the Toledo Zoo Lights and each year they continue to dazzle with their lights, events, and nostalgic feel. This year is particularly special for those who remember the tunnel that was just recently reopened! Prepare to spend hours gawking at the lights that take employees all year to prepare, the towering Christmas tree perfect for those family photos, singing from carolers, Scenes of Wonder light show, and some additional costs activities such as the ice slide, carousel, train (weekends only), and Arctic Blast snow ball launcher. This event is perfect for all ages and is a must do for your holiday season. Some days (weekends and nice weather especially) tend to be very busy, so just prepare for the crowds and line to get into the this very special event.
- Now through December 31st
- Sunday through Thursday 3 until 8pm | Friday & Saturday 3 until 9pm
- Pet Photos with Santa – Saturday December 1st from 10am-Noon
- Don’t forget the pets this holiday, let them meet Santa too! There are a handful of places that have pet photos with Santa, such as The Adrian Mall in Michigan, a few of the Humane Societies, and some local stores. One event that is coming up and sure to make your pet’s tail wag is Pet Photos with Santa at Levis Commons. Sponsored by Three Dog Bakery, the event is open to any pet with paws that is on the “good list.” The organization asks that you bring a donation of food, treats or toys for our friends at the Wood County and the Toledo Area Humane Society locations!
- Go Inside the Tree – Now through end of December | Fridays from 6 – 9pm
- This free event offers a unique holiday view from the inside out. Stop out to Levis Commons on Friday nights to explore the inside of its glowing 50 foot tree. Pair this experience with dinner and shopping throughout the Center and you are sure to have a good time!
- Horse & Carriage Rides – Now through end of December | Saturdays from 5 – 9pm
- A truly loved holiday tradition, back again by popular demand, is Levis Common’s horse drawn carriage rides! Grab your loved ones and snuggle up under the blanket in the back of the carriage every Saturday night through December. Enjoy a peaceful and romantic ride around Levis looking at the lights and the incredible 50-foot tree.
- 3rd Annual Run Santa Run 5K – Saturday December 15th at 9:30am
- Put your best festive outfit on and grab your complimentary Santa hat to fill the streets of Levis Commons with running (and walking) Santas for this 5K. If being surrounded by runners dressed in holiday gear wasn’t an incentive enough, the race also comes with a finisher medal, “super soft” Santa race tee shirt and Santa hat. Post-race hot chocolate and cookies are available or if you are looking for something a little more ‘festive’ stop in Bar Louie for a post-race beer.
- Register here!
- Cost: $25 thru December 6 | $30 from December 7 thru December 14 | $35 December 15 (race day)
Starting off at 7th and Louisiana, the parade strolls all the way to Saint Rose Church. There will be plenty of spots along the way to watch the holiday event go by. Before the parade, explore downtown for free treats from local shops, visit the live reindeer, listen to the talented Johnny Rodriguez, have the kids write letters at the Santa Writing Station, take a selfie with the infamous Oscar Mayer Wienermobile, stop by the craft station at Way Library, and hear strolling carolers along the way. Finish the day with free pictures with Santa!
- Sunday December 2nd from 2 – 4pm | Pre-parade events starting at noon.
- Celebrate the holidays with Downtown Perrysburg, Inc. for a weekend full of activities during its 10th annual Winterfest celebration. Complimentary horse and carriage rides, ice games, and a fire pit with a s’mores station will make this event unforgettable. Warm up (Saturday) on 2nd Street with coffee, hot cocoa, and cocktails available for purchase at “The Lodge.” This is also where you can find free family fun and games and visitors from Laurel’s Princess Parties.
With a $15,000 prize on the line, ice carvers from all over the country come for the U.S. National Ice Carving Championships. Watch the artist’s creations come to life along with additional ice carvings from local business partners. The nights stay warm in Downtown Perrysburg with Friday night’s Beerfest and Saturday night’s Wine Night.
- Friday January 11th starting at 5:30 pm and Saturday January 12th
- Beerfest / Wine Night:
- Cheers to the holidays with Downtown Perrysburg, Inc. for a night of fun during Downtown Perrysburg Beerfest & Wine Night! Drink a selection of local craft brews or wines, taste the delicious local food we all love, and listen (and dance) to live music! Cap the night with a visit to “The Lodge,”, a relaxation station where you can grab a cocktail, glass of wine, or catch up with friends. This event is held in conjunction with the 10th annual Perrysburg Winterfest.
- Beerfest: Friday January 11th 7:30 – 11pm | Purchase Tickets: $25 each
- Wine Night: Saturday January 12th 7:30 – 11pm | Purchase Tickets: $25 each
- Tickets include: entry to the heated tent, live music and entertainment, food samples from local purveyors, one complimentary beverage (choice of beer, wine, or cocktail) with additional drinks available for purchase, unique experience–based raffle items.
Whitehouse residents come together for their annual tree lighting celebration! Generals Ice Cream is offering free ice cream and hot chocolate from 4 – 6pm. Then head outside for a visit from Santa and the 6pm tree lighting!
- Sunday December 2nd from 4 until 6pm
Gather the girls for a night out with some of your favorite vendors including Mary Kay, Scentsy, Pampered Chef, Origami Owl, Norwex, LulaRoe and many others. Order one of Reset’s special cocktails “full of holiday cheer” and get ready to pamper yourself while completing some of your holiday shopping all in one place. Check out the Facebook Event for more information, to see participating vendors, or if you would like to be a vendor at the event.
- Monday December 3rd from 5 until 8pm
Ready to get the kids out of the house for some holiday magic? Take a trip to Northwest Ohio’s holiday tradition of over 50 years ago, Children’s Wonderland. Dozen of lighted exhibits, a train ride for the kids, pictures with Santa, crafts and many other popular spots will certainly put anyone in the holiday mood.
- Open daily December 7th through 23rd from 11am until 8pm | December 24th from 11am until 2pm
- Kids 2+ = $6 | Adults 18+ = $8 | Seniors 65+ = $6
Put on your coat and mittens and take a walk around Olander Lake to enjoy the park and neighboring houses lit up. This week-long event is free, open to all, and provides you a walking Christmas lights tour.
- Sunday December 9 – Sunday December 16 from 5 – 7pm
- Holiday Trolley Experience | Sundays December 2nd, 9th, 16th, & and 23rd from 11:30am until 4:45pm in half an hour increments
- Engulf yourself in the magic of the Holidays on a Trolley ride with Chrystal the Elf, The Snow Queen, Princess Ana and Kristov! Pick up is at Santa’s post right across from the Gap, then the adventure continues around the mall while singing Christmas carols with the character friends. Photo opportunities with the characters and autograph pages for each child will conclude the tour. Then head over to Santa’s Workshop, for your child to get their photo with Santa and share their list.
- Check their Facebook Event for more details on the departing times or reserve your seat since space is limited! Cost per person (all ages): $15
- Jingle Bell Run Toledo | Saturday December 8th at 8am
- “The Arthritis Foundation’s Jingle Bell Run is a fun way to get out, get moving and raise funds and awareness to cure America’s #1 cause of disability.” Work off those extra holiday calories with this festive 5K. Participants are encouraged to wear a holiday-themed costume, ugly Christmas sweater, or make some noise by tying jingle bells to your shoelaces. Register Here!
- Fallen Timbers (Granite City) – Breakfast with Santa | Saturday December 8th 8:30 – 11am and Saturday December 15th 8:30 – 11am
- Tickets are selling fast for the ever–popular Breakfast with Santa. Seatings are at 8:30am and 9:45am and tickets can be purchased at Granite City. Each $12 ticket gets you a delicious, warm breakfast buffet, one beverage (adult beverage available for purchase from the bar), entertainment, sing–alongs, kids dancing, prizes and a tableside visit with Santa himself!
This holiday-filled weekend brings local artists and craft vendors to help complete your gift list and get decorative pieces for you! While you shop, enjoy seasonal food and drinks, such as bourbon cider, vodka cranberry, OTR Ale, Power Stoutage Milk Stout with Coffee and Cocoa and other selections from Christian Moerlein Brewing Co. Holiday entertainment by local choirs and musicians will continue to put you in the seasonal spirit while you find the perfect gift. You might even get to see Santa Claus and an elf or two.
- Saturday December 1 and Sunday December 2
Come celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Monroe Christmas Tree Festival at the Monroe County Museum. Enjoy beautifully decorated trees and wreaths by local non-profits hoping to win your vote and support for these deserving organizations.
- Now until December 30th | Monday – Saturday 10am until 5pm | Sunday Noon until 5pm | Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Annual Holiday Open House Saturday, December 8th from 1 until 4pm
The 2018 Christmas Magic in Monroe begins at 3pm with music, vendor village, local food trucks, crafts and arts to help with your shopping list, Winter Wonderland, Santa’s Pavilion and lots more. Make sure to stay for the night parade beginning at 6pm through the lighted Old Town. Events continue until 9pm, giving you plenty of time to enjoy all this event has to offer.
- Saturday December 15th from 3pm until 9pm
What are some of your favorite events around the area during the holiday season? Let us know so we can add them to our next list. We hope you have a very enjoyable holiday season!